4x4trails.net Forums

Go Back   4x4trails.net Forums > Trail Talk > Utah

Old 03-29-2003, 12:08 PM
vivona

Post Quick Answer Needed -Tip Toe Behind the Rocks

I will be in Moab the first week of April 2003 and would like to drive Tip-toe Behind the Rocks trail. I will be using a stock Jeep and cannot do the much higher rated Behind the Rocks trail. All I can find about Tip-toe is that it starts at the same place as Behind the Rocks.

Do you know of any maps or GPS coordinates for Tip-toe? If I start at the trailhead, is Tip-toe well marked so I don?t end up on Behind the Rocks instead? I would appreciate any information you can give me about Tip-toe.

Thanks!
Old 03-31-2003, 12:01 PM
Stretch

Thumbs up

Hey Vivona-

I got your email and was going to suggest you make a post to the forums. Glad to see you're a step ahead of me.

I myself haven't done either Behind the Rocks or Tip Toe Behind the Rocks but from everything I've read, the Tip Toe route was created so those with stock vehicles could see some of the same scenery as those driving the Behind the Rocks trail. It's rated a 3+ by Moab ratings which probably equals about a 6-7 on our rating system. I say with a good spotter you'd be find.

I don't have GPS coordinates, but hopefully someone else may pipe in with some coordinates or additional details.

If you do run the trail, please take a few notes and grab some GPS coordinates and we'll update the site.

Thanks-Scott
Old 04-06-2003, 12:06 PM
yellar bellied

This is probably a little on the late side but here's a link about Tip Toe Behind the Rocks.
www.4x4now.com/ttbtr.htm

my general pics. www.fourwheelstampeders.ca/gallery/album04

[This message has been edited by yellar bellied (edited 04-06-2003).]

[This message has been edited by yellar bellied (edited 04-06-2003).]
Old 04-12-2003, 11:12 AM
vivona

Thanks for the link, but I already had visited that page and like all the others on the web regarding Tip toe, it does not provide any route information other than list the trailhead location. The trail is not marked, so route finding is not possible without coordinates.
Old 04-18-2003, 11:52 PM
washington_eric

just got back from Moab last week, just before the Jamboree. ran Behind the Rocks the first day there. good trail, great scenery, (although all the trails I ran had that) and not overly difficult for built rigs. Im not sure about Tip Toe but there were by-passes to most of the harder obstacles along the trail. High Dive comes to mind.... Tip Toe may be basically the same trail, by-passing from time to time. I did not see any major splits in the trail that didnt reconnect so that would be my guess. Behind the Rocks had a trail marker at the turn off the hardtop, not sure about TT.