4x4trails.net Forums

Go Back   4x4trails.net Forums > Trail Talk > Rocky Mountains

Old 08-15-2002, 01:21 AM
4wheelinmyXJ

Question HOLY CROSS

hey all, a couple of questions here. I am heading to holy cross with some buddies. my cherokee know has about ^' of lift and 32's so im pretty sure i wont have too much trouble. i have a friend with just 3" of lift and 31" bfg A/T's. Think hell make it? he has rocker skids if that helps. My other question is we are staying up there all weekend and was wondering if there are any other trails in the area?? thanx

kevin
90 XJ. 4.5" rustys coils, 2" spacer. tera flex LCA's, jks discos, addaleaves and blocks 32" remington mud brutes
Old 08-16-2002, 02:11 AM
INT77

i think he will make it. might bang the rocker gards a few times, and probably will hit the undercarrage, he does have a t case skid plate right, i think that is the lowest part of XJs. i had a friend that made it fine with a XJ with 31's except for ripping his muffler out, it was due to poor spoting, could have been avoided.
let me know how the trail condition is this year...
Logan
Old 08-16-2002, 02:24 PM
bill

McCallister Gulch and Weariman Creek are not too far from there. McCallister Gulch takes off to the north out of Camp Hale. Take it up along and then over the ridge. A little before you get to Shrine Pass Road turn right and go up Weariman Creek (it's either just before or just after you cross the creek). You'll come out at the top of Ptarmigan Pass. Take Resolution road back down to Camp Hale.

They're not very hard compared to Holy Cross rated (5 or 6, I think) but they can be fun.

Also look up Wurtz Ditch, No Name Gulch and Yoder Gulch in tht area.
Old 08-16-2002, 03:05 PM
4wheelinmyXJ

Talking

thanx guys, my friend with the XJ that has only 3" isnt gonna be able to make it, thanx to biull for the other trails.
Old 08-16-2002, 08:51 PM
cjsammy

If you don't have at least one locker I doubt that you'll make it. We went last weekend and everybody was challenged even though most had both ends locked.
Old 08-20-2002, 05:13 PM
4wheelinmyXJ

Talking

Hey all.
Holy cross was a blast. Probably the most fun trail i have been on EVER. My jeep did great and had no problems on any of the big obstacles. probably due to exellent spotters. i was disapointed with some grumpy people on french creek. some guy was sick of waitng in line and tried to pass the group i was with and was a complete jerk, but all was a great time. i look forward to doing it again soon.

Kevin 90 XJ. 6" of lift, teraflex LCA's, JKS discos 32" remington mud brutes