4x4trails.net Forums

Go Back   4x4trails.net Forums > Trail Talk > Rocky Mountains

Old 08-09-2002, 08:58 AM
Ray

Question Idaho Springs to Georgetown Trail

I have heard from someone that there is a trail 13 miles long which starts in idaho springs and finishes in georgetown. Does anyone know how to get there and if so please let me know and send me a description of it. Thanks a lot!
Old 08-09-2002, 10:37 AM
satan

Yep -- that's all part of the Lamatrine Network ...

This site (4x4trails.net) has most of the pieces that you'll need to find that run (and it's great this time of year), better when the aspen are turning - mileage and complexity can be chosen by approaching differently.

For a moderate day of driving (3) - start off of highway 103 ( http://www.4x4trails.net/db_view_trail.asp?trailNum=23 ) If you wanna go a bit harder (7) - run up Spring Creek ( http://www.4x4trails.net/db_view_trail.asp?trailNum=145 )

The top of the Spring Creek trail joins with the top of the Lamartine/Saxon trail at the old town site of Lamartine. Heading up-hill and West from there will put you on the course for Georgetown where you descend with a great view of Empire and Georgetown lake (stop in at the Dairy King!)...

... I'll look through some of the trails here to see if I can find a full map of that area for you, I won't be near my terrain-system for a few days now or I'd send from there...

... better yet -- write-up what you do and submit the trail yourself! (when are you thinking about going Ray?, up for a little company?)
Old 08-09-2002, 04:36 PM
Ray

THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE AND I THINK WE SHOULD BE GOING ON 8/24 OR 8/25. IT'S OKAY WITH ME IF U WANT TO COME BUT WOULD A STOCK SUSUKI GRAND VITARA MAKE IT THROUGH? I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEM SO FAR WITH OBSTACLES I HAVE ENCOUNTERED ON THE TRAILS THAT I HAVE TRIED SO FAR. HOPEFULLY BY THEN I'LL HAVE NEW TIRES FOR MY VHEICLE. LET ME KNOW WHAT'S UP AND U CAN EMAIL ME AT RAY243@EXCITE.COM
Old 08-13-2002, 12:45 PM
bill

Your Suzuki should have no trouble on the Lamertine/Saxon Mountain trail. Spring Creek would probably test it severely. It probably could be done but I wouldn't recommend it unless you really want to test your limits and don't mind some damage. My brother drove a stock Suzuki Sidekick through Spring Creek a couple years ago but he needed help in a couple spots and had some rocker panel/undercarriage damage.
Old 08-15-2002, 08:37 AM
Ray

Cool

thanks for all ther info and feel free to leave me any more info. or feel free to ask any questions.