4x4trails.net Forums

Go Back   4x4trails.net Forums > Save Our Trails > Trail Cleanup Notification

Old 09-19-2008, 09:27 AM

Exclamation this fourm is dead

Most of you probably use the 'Buddy System' when you wheel. I do not always have that luxury. When I wheel alone, I try to pick up each aluminum can I see while not running to fast, that usually means I find a plastic pop bottle or glass beer bottle, hubcap..Happy Meal...ETC. In my last adventure(9-13-08) I filled the foot well of my '99 Grand Cherokee to the level of the seat(see Pic). I am surprised to see this is an inactive area of this site. We all need to 'Tread Lightly', 'Leave No Trace' and 'Pack out what is packed in'.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg copy of mount baldy & eagle rock 072.jpg (87.9 KB, 60 views)
Old 09-19-2008, 12:37 PM

There is no excuse for trashing the trails. On the bright side, thanks for taking the time to make the trail a better experience for the next person.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to 01DODGE
Thumbs up

Good on you! I also try to take out more than I take in. I wish more folks would just pick up there own junk.
Old 09-21-2008, 04:00 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to Dirty Dog

One of the things I have noticed is that the easier the trail, the more trash there will be. Like you, I make it a point to pick up trash and not to leave any behind. I toss a big trash bag in my rig, and it will generally be full if we run something fairly easy.
My theory is that people who go to the trouble to build a rig capable of running Old Chinaman Gulch or Independence Trail are likely to be more concerned with environmental issues.
\'98 Dodge Ram - 408 stroker motor, 7\" lift, 37\" Swamper SSR\'s, 4.56 gears, front ARB, rear Detroit, front ARB, ORT bumpers, Armorology rock sliders, MileMarker 12000lb winch, 700W Kenwood, KC, PIAA & Lightforce illumination, Realistic CB, Magellan GPS-315, Delorme GPS navigation, custom paint and bodywork by Rocks & Trees Inc.

\'89 Jeep Wrangler - 9\" Skyjacker lift, 383 stroker Chevy, Holley Projection TBI, TH350, NP203, D44 front with high steer, 12 bolt rear, Blue Torch Fab diff armor, 5.13 gears, Detroits, 37x14x16 Swamper IROKs on 16x10 with Staun internal beadlocks, Poison Spyder rollcage, Poison Spyder Stinger, MileMarker 12000lb winch with dash mounted controls, Steel Horse interior, 5-point harnesses, Cobra CB, Puma Onboard Air, Lowrance Baja-540C...

\'96 Jeep Cherokee - the Family Truckster...
\'82 Kawasaki KZ1100 Spectre - Stock
\'97 Chevy Camaro convertible - Stock, Sue\'s toy
\'95 Pontiac Trans Am convertible - NOT stock, \"Objects In Mirror Are Imports\"
\'03 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally - Stock, the $4/gallon driver
Old 09-25-2008, 07:51 AM

Exactly... if you can get up a trail to 'party' with your buds in the grocery-getter then the trail will definitely be more traveled and by folks who aren't necessarily aware or interested in the 4x4 community's access to public lands.

I'm a trash-bagger kinda wheeler - carry in a few empty & leave with em filled-up. I've always wondered what my garbage guys think about when they take a way a shot-up carcass of a TV and 50-beer cans similarly bullet ridden...

BTW, What's up with the subject/title for this thread?
Old 09-25-2008, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by satan

BTW, What's up with the subject/title for this thread?
Attention getter??? If so, it worked for me. I had not posted in a long time.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:39 AM

hey shanhorn i am with ya, anyone of us that has been on a trail rather it be easy or most difficult knows that there will be somekind of trash. we need to pack out way more then we pack in. lets not be like the east coast, they do not have anymore trails open. lets show the eco guys that we are more responsible then they are by picking up what they left behind.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:11 AM

Exclamation Thread Title

Mike Marrow, I started this thread because the last post was like in 2004. Truthfully it looks like few are willing chime in on this matter. Like those that have, I care about my world. I wish I saw everyone stopping to pick up others trash, but that will never happen.

I would be interested in hearing from anyone planning a clean-up run within 150 mile radius of Caņon City, CO.

Snow is gonna fly soon

Pic of Near top of California Gulch on July 11 2007.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg copy of dsc02099.jpg (88.6 KB, 22 views)
Old 10-12-2008, 01:30 PM

Shanhorn, someone else asked about the topic title. I just noted it was an attention getter that worked for me.

Back on topic... I just got back from a week a week of wheeling in Colorado. The trails we wheeled generally looked good. We spent a lot of time on lesser known trails and still picked up some litter. The Hermit Pass trail looked fine, but the camping area we ate lunch at was a dump. We picked it up, but other camping spots may be a good candidates for a trail clean up.

I appreciate driving on trails that are litter free. Appreciate the vast majority of offroaders who Leave No Trace. In 1974, I was offroad with my parents, found a trashed trail and my Eagle Service Project. My troop helped me pick up two truck loads of junk. Hard to believe we are still dealing with the same problems 34 years later.

There is a person on Colorado 4x4 who built a trash pick up truck. You might search that forum and see if he might help you on your trash runs.

Good luck and keep up the good work.

Mike