4x4trails.net Forums

Go Back   4x4trails.net Forums > Tech Talk > Tech

Old 07-01-2007, 09:16 PM

Question Bill Moore Lake

Anyone been up to Bill More Lake yet this year? Tried to take the wifeys 4Runner up there this weekend, but couldn't make it up the last steep and loose hill. I have an 06 Tundra with moderate clearance (12") but have no lockers. You all think it's possible to make it up this hill.....if you've been, you know what one i'm talking about. Thanks in advance (I must make it up to the lake to see if there are as many trout in there as I am thinking there should be)!
Old 07-05-2007, 10:21 PM

Went up to Bill Moore last weekend. One spot next to the closed mud pit where we had to cross the edge of a drift but it is well tracked through (and probably melted by now).

The key to the steep, loose hill with moguls in a rig without lockers is to pick a line back and forth across teh moguls so you never put a tire clear down in one of the holes. It is a very challenging climb for a stock truck but can be done with good driving.

If you're headed to the lake for the trout you will be dissappointed. The lake is only about 3 feet deep in the middle and freezes solid in the winter. Any fish in it would be freeze killed. A few might make it up from downstream by later in the season but I've never heard of anyone catching anything at Bill Moore.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:12 AM

Thanks Bill!! I think i'll be passing on it for now since there aren't any trout in the lake. After looking at the pics on the site, I was kinda thinking it looked pretty shallow!