4x4trails.net Forums

Go Back   4x4trails.net Forums > 4x4Trails News > News Items

Old 12-09-2004, 09:47 AM
Founder

Default Photos Are Working!

We've finally got the photo feature working. If you want to submit photos for a specific trail, just go to that trails' page and click the 'Photo' button. Then just submit the photos you'd like. I'll take a look at them and get them added!

One downside, all the photos that were on the site are currently in limbo till they get submitted again which will take some time. Any volunteers that want to help submit old photos, just email me and I'll try to zap some photos your way that you can submit.

I look forward to seeing some updated photos of the trails out there!

We owe Josh a big THANK-YOU for getting this all taken care of. If anyone wants to submit a donation, the money will go to making additional features like this. Believe me, I'm putting any money donated right back into the site.

-Stretch
Old 12-09-2004, 09:57 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to 74BRONCO

Cool! How will you send pictures? By Trail? You can send about 20 to start with and as I have time at work, I'll submit the old ones and if I come up with some of my own, I'll do the same.

jmyers@rwsengr.com

Thanks Stretch!
Old 12-11-2004, 04:21 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to Dirty Dog

Stretch,
I'm off Sun-Mon-Tues this week, so I'll get started on the pictures. I've got some at home that were submitted but not put online yet, and I'll download the old pictures 2-3 trails at a time and resubmit them. I've got enough bandwidth that it should not take too long.
\'98 Dodge Ram - 408 stroker motor, 7\" lift, 37\" Swamper SSR\'s, 4.56 gears, front ARB, rear Detroit, front ARB, ORT bumpers, Armorology rock sliders, MileMarker 12000lb winch, 700W Kenwood, KC, PIAA & Lightforce illumination, Realistic CB, Magellan GPS-315, Delorme GPS navigation, custom paint and bodywork by Rocks & Trees Inc.

\'89 Jeep Wrangler - 9\" Skyjacker lift, 383 stroker Chevy, Holley Projection TBI, TH350, NP203, D44 front with high steer, 12 bolt rear, Blue Torch Fab diff armor, 5.13 gears, Detroits, 37x14x16 Swamper IROKs on 16x10 with Staun internal beadlocks, Poison Spyder rollcage, Poison Spyder Stinger, MileMarker 12000lb winch with dash mounted controls, Steel Horse interior, 5-point harnesses, Cobra CB, Puma Onboard Air, Lowrance Baja-540C...

\'96 Jeep Cherokee - the Family Truckster...
\'82 Kawasaki KZ1100 Spectre - Stock
\'97 Chevy Camaro convertible - Stock, Sue\'s toy
\'95 Pontiac Trans Am convertible - NOT stock, \"Objects In Mirror Are Imports\"
\'03 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally - Stock, the $4/gallon driver
Old 12-12-2004, 04:14 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to 2kcrew

Just a reminder to resize photos to not more than 800x600; there are still dial-up users out there and this helps out.
Old 12-13-2004, 12:30 AM
Founder

The photos are coming in! DirtyDog is getting quite a few submitted and I think we might have even got some new ones submitted. I'll get them approved as quickly as possible. We're still working out the bugs but it seems to be working.

-Stretch
Old 12-13-2004, 01:14 AM
Administrator

I've been moving pictures into the new database all evening. I've done:
Switzerland Trail, Spring Creek, Appetizer, American Fork Canyon, 21 Road, Attica/Badlands, Mt Baldy/Capt Jacks, Ballard Road, Barbour Fork, Barnwell Creek, Behind The Rocks, Bill Moore Lake, Black Bear Pass, Breakneck Pass, Broken Arrow, Canadian River, Caribou Creek, Cascade Creek, Chinaman's Gulch, China Wall, Cinder, Cinnamon Pass, Cleghorn, Cliffhanger, Coney Creek, Crystal City and Crystal Mountain.
I'll start with the D's tomorrow after I get some sleep.

I've found two small issues.
1 - There is no way to submit photos to a trail that already has photos. So all photos for a given trail have to be submitted in a single batch. This makes updates a problem... Josh has done a great job getting the code online, and it seems to be working great. All it needs is a link to the submissions page from the viewing page.
2 - My admin account does not allow me to approve photos. I can approve trail submissions (like always) but not photos. When I upload the photos, they go straight to "approve" rather than "new submissions" but do not show up in the trails database yet. Is this a configuration glitch, or did I get demoted?
\'98 Dodge Ram - 408 stroker motor, 7\" lift, 37\" Swamper SSR\'s, 4.56 gears, front ARB, rear Detroit, front ARB, ORT bumpers, Armorology rock sliders, MileMarker 12000lb winch, 700W Kenwood, KC, PIAA & Lightforce illumination, Realistic CB, Magellan GPS-315, Delorme GPS navigation, custom paint and bodywork by Rocks & Trees Inc.

\'89 Jeep Wrangler - 9\" Skyjacker lift, 383 stroker Chevy, Holley Projection TBI, TH350, NP203, D44 front with high steer, 12 bolt rear, Blue Torch Fab diff armor, 5.13 gears, Detroits, 37x14x16 Swamper IROKs on 16x10 with Staun internal beadlocks, Poison Spyder rollcage, Poison Spyder Stinger, MileMarker 12000lb winch with dash mounted controls, Steel Horse interior, 5-point harnesses, Cobra CB, Puma Onboard Air, Lowrance Baja-540C...

\'95 Pontiac Trans Am convertible - NOT stock, \"Objects In Mirror Are Imports\"
Old 12-13-2004, 01:20 AM
Administrator

OK, a correction. I went back and checked. The link to add additional photos IS on the page. The problem lies with Carnage Canyon. There is 1 photo linked to this trail, and it seems to be too big for the window that is opened. So all it shows is the photo and caption, and the add photos link is out of frame. Can it resize photos to fit the window?

Old 12-13-2004, 11:46 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to 74BRONCO

Well DD, you took my job! Thanks!!! Nah, I am ready for more pictures Stretch, then I'll let you know what I think of the submit process. Again start small, and then if it's not too time consuming I'll ask for a lot more. I have T1 so no worries about uploading.

J.D.
Old 12-13-2004, 12:39 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to 2kcrew

Seems to be working well. Appreciate the time and effort you guys are putting into it. At some point the dropdown list for trail photos ought to be re-sorted alphabetically.

[edit]
Some bugs. When I click on Apex Rd, I get the pics for Switzerland Trail instead of the blank upload screen.
[/edit]
Old 12-13-2004, 10:42 PM
Administrator

OK, all the pictures that were on the site prior to the software update have been re-submitted and approved. Something like 1100 photos are currently available online.

There are still a couple of bugs to be worked out, and Josh (All Hail The Programmer!) is aware of them and is working on them as fast as possible.

My thanks to those who helped with the re-uploading of pictures.

And please, feel free to add new pictures while the bugs are being worked out. The bugs that have been identified are all in the popup display code, not in the database, so even if your picture does not display properly, it will still be in the database, and linked to the correct trail. So add away.