4x4trails.net Forums

Go Back   4x4trails.net Forums > Trip Talk > Plan a trip

Old 08-23-2002, 12:15 AM
OffroadGirl

Arrow 8/31: Jones Pass & Bill Moore Lake

when: Saturday, August 31, 10:00am

This offroading adventure is a two-parter. We'll meet off of I-70 just outside of Denver and head out to west of Empire and southwest of Berthoud Pass to Jones Pass. It reaches 12,453 feet at the summit, with no difficulty reaching it. It will be cool or cold and pretty windy. This part should take 2 or 3 hours.

If you're only doing the drive over the Pass, you can head back to Denver on I-70. If you'd like some challenging offroading, continue on with us to Bill Moore Lake north of Empire. It's a difficult trail that will take another 1 or 2 hours, with narrow and rough terrain. It's a bunch of steep hills covered in loose rock with a lake at the end.

Doing both trails will take all day so pack a lunch and bring lots of water. You may want to dress warmly or prepare to layer on clothing.

Please let me know if you'd like to join us and I'll send you the details. Everyone's invited!
Old 08-23-2002, 12:15 AM
OffroadGirl

Arrow 8/31: Jones Pass & Bill Moore Lake

when: Saturday, August 31, 10:00am

This offroading adventure is a two-parter. We'll meet off of I-70 just outside of Denver and head out to west of Empire and southwest of Berthoud Pass to Jones Pass. It reaches 12,453 feet at the summit, with no difficulty reaching it. It will be cool or cold and pretty windy. This part should take 2 or 3 hours.

If you're only doing the drive over the Pass, you can head back to Denver on I-70. If you'd like some challenging offroading, continue on with us to Bill Moore Lake north of Empire. It's a difficult trail that will take another 1 or 2 hours, with narrow and rough terrain. It's a bunch of steep hills covered in loose rock with a lake at the end.

Doing both trails will take all day so pack a lunch and bring lots of water. You may want to dress warmly or prepare to layer on clothing.

Please let me know if you'd like to join us and I'll send you the details. Everyone's invited!
Old 08-23-2002, 01:47 AM
bill

Sounds like a fun trip, I wish I could join you but schedule does not allow. Bill Moore is really more of a moderate trail than difficult, though. It's true it can be somewhat challenging for stock trucks especially with inexperienced drivers but it does have only a 6 (out of 10) rating and some might debate whether that is slightly high. Here's a link to the description in the trails section:

http://www.4x4trails.net/db_view_trail.asp?trailNum=11
Old 08-23-2002, 01:47 AM
bill

Sounds like a fun trip, I wish I could join you but schedule does not allow. Bill Moore is really more of a moderate trail than difficult, though. It's true it can be somewhat challenging for stock trucks especially with inexperienced drivers but it does have only a 6 (out of 10) rating and some might debate whether that is slightly high. Here's a link to the description in the trails section:

http://www.4x4trails.net/db_view_trail.asp?trailNum=11