4x4trails.net Forums

Go Back   4x4trails.net Forums > Save Our Trails > Save Our Trails

Old 09-26-2000, 05:08 PM
TripleZero

Post Very Important- Please Read

A friend has posted this on alot of other web boards. Please read.
We have a large issue here in Colorado with a certain individual that is giving off roaders a BAD name. He works for a local rock radio station KBPI and he goes by Willie B. His last offense was he invited over the air waves for people to meet him at a place and go wheeling. Over 200 vehicles ended up tearing up Caribou Flats, 25 acre wetland, which lies on private land and tore it all to hell. They called it a "mud fest." The owner tried to get them to stop and leave and the "mudders" just flipped him off and continued. The "mudders" ran OVER the No Trespassing signs on their way to this wetland. The owner has maintained this area for nearly THREE DECADES! This is not the first time this person has led a crusade of people and ruined nature. He also is known to throw animals from several, 4-6 stories, building to see if they will survive. We are talking Dogs, Chickens, Cats, Animals like this. He does all kinds of stuff like this on the air to get ratings. I use to like the music they played but will no longer listen to the station.

What I need from all of you is what do we do about this. Some of you on this board are in Colorado and may already know about this. Please help. We need to stop this kind of problem.

A few of us learned about this just a few hours ago and are already thinking of contacting the owner and seeing if we can help rebuild this wetland. We need to reinstate our image as good people and not all off-roaders are a$$ holes. I am sick and tired of people like this destroying our name. We are good people and do not want to be assosiated with this kind of scum. Please help out and let me know what we need to do or start up the correct action and tell us how we can help. Thank you for listening and I hope you can help.

------------------
TripleZero
Mike
Highland 4x4

88" Toyota p/u
3" bodylift, 33's
Detroit EZ-Locker
future mods on the way