4x4trails.net Forums

Go Back   4x4trails.net Forums > Tech Talk > Tech

Old 02-17-2009, 07:09 PM

Default Track bar

I broke the bolt for my track bar in september on iron cheast and made a quick fix by inserting a new bolt and i still haven't bought a replacement spacer for it. I can tell the alinment is off on the jeep but i was wondering what other long term problems I'm gona half to deal with other than what i have already come across.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:11 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to Dirty Dog

If all you did was break the bolt, and you replaced it, then you're done. Assuming the bolt you used actually fits, and is of sufficient strength. If it's an adjustable trackbar, you might want to get everything aligned, and then measure it, so you can make sure it does not slip.
The alignment is likely as much a matter of pounding it on the rocks. Bear in mind that this also knocks off balance weights, and out of balance tires can often simulate an out of alignment condition.
How was Iron Chest? I've not been up there since they bulldozed it for construction a few years ago. They said they would put it back. Did they? How about some pictures? If you're up in that area, you should also run Grizzly Lake, and of course, Old Chinaman Gulch.
\'98 Dodge Ram - 408 stroker motor, 7\" lift, 37\" Swamper SSR\'s, 4.56 gears, front ARB, rear Detroit, front ARB, ORT bumpers, Armorology rock sliders, MileMarker 12000lb winch, 700W Kenwood, KC, PIAA & Lightforce illumination, Realistic CB, Magellan GPS-315, Delorme GPS navigation, custom paint and bodywork by Rocks & Trees Inc.

\'89 Jeep Wrangler - 9\" Skyjacker lift, 383 stroker Chevy, Holley Projection TBI, TH350, NP203, D44 front with high steer, 12 bolt rear, Blue Torch Fab diff armor, 5.13 gears, Detroits, 37x14x16 Swamper IROKs on 16x10 with Staun internal beadlocks, Poison Spyder rollcage, Poison Spyder Stinger, MileMarker 12000lb winch with dash mounted controls, Steel Horse interior, 5-point harnesses, Cobra CB, Puma Onboard Air, Lowrance Baja-540C...

\'96 Jeep Cherokee - the Family Truckster...
\'82 Kawasaki KZ1100 Spectre - Stock
\'97 Chevy Camaro convertible - Stock, Sue\'s toy
\'95 Pontiac Trans Am convertible - NOT stock, \"Objects In Mirror Are Imports\"
\'03 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally - Stock, the $4/gallon driver
Old 02-19-2009, 06:19 PM

Iron Chest was awome the rock garden wasn't has hard as i thought it was going to be aperently when they buldosed it they mover a lot of the bigger bulders around making it easyer than it was before. Grizzly Lake i have run half of grizzly lake befor but never made it to the top because of snow though and i haven't done Old Chinaman Gulch in fact I've never even heard about it before.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:34 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to Dirty Dog

Check out the trails database....
Old Chinamans is probably my favorite CO trail. It's tough, but not so tough that I worry about breakage. And the scenery is fabulous. For a challenge, nothing beats Independence Trail in Penrose, but it is, frankly, ugly.
You can take Carnage Canyon BV to get to Old Chinamans, if you want a challenge on par with Indy. Or you can drive to the trailhead.
The directions are in the database.
\'98 Dodge Ram - 408 stroker motor, 7\" lift, 37\" Swamper SSR\'s, 4.56 gears, front ARB, rear Detroit, front ARB, ORT bumpers, Armorology rock sliders, MileMarker 12000lb winch, 700W Kenwood, KC, PIAA & Lightforce illumination, Realistic CB, Magellan GPS-315, Delorme GPS navigation, custom paint and bodywork by Rocks & Trees Inc.

\'89 Jeep Wrangler - 9\" Skyjacker lift, 383 stroker Chevy, Holley Projection TBI, TH350, NP203, D44 front with high steer, 12 bolt rear, Blue Torch Fab diff armor, 5.13 gears, Detroits, 37x14x16 Swamper IROKs on 16x10 with Staun internal beadlocks, Poison Spyder rollcage, Poison Spyder Stinger, MileMarker 12000lb winch with dash mounted controls, Steel Horse interior, 5-point harnesses, Cobra CB, Puma Onboard Air, Lowrance Baja-540C...

\'96 Jeep Cherokee - the Family Truckster...
\'82 Kawasaki KZ1100 Spectre - Stock
\'97 Chevy Camaro convertible - Stock, Sue\'s toy
\'95 Pontiac Trans Am convertible - NOT stock, \"Objects In Mirror Are Imports\"
\'03 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally - Stock, the $4/gallon driver
Old 02-23-2009, 11:58 AM

Default Track Bar Woes

Hey Guys, I suggest using factory bolts, not just xtras laying round the shop. My WJ track bar is a hunk of junk, I am replacing it with a more user friendly model from JKS. They do NOT supply bolts so I will be using brand NEW ones from JEEP. Good luck & happy trails!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg copy (2) of jan302009 021.jpg (69.5 KB, 19 views)
Old 02-23-2009, 07:01 PM

Ya I took it into high country performance they put in a factory bolt along with balenced the tiers along with a few other maintanence issuse i have been delling with.