4x4trails.net Forums

Go Back   4x4trails.net Forums > Trail Talk > Rocky Mountains

Old 02-21-2002, 01:00 AM
OmnipotentOne

Post N00b to the board (and 4wheelin) lookin for help

Hey whatsup guys, been scannin the sight for a couple days and am liking what im seeing.

Anywhoo, i know your all hardcore 4 wheelers with 62 inch lifts and 65x25.50 tires ;-) So far all i have done is some of the stuff Off 21st street in CO-springs, and i used to do the little things that were all along Rampart Range Road towards the Garden of the Gods end.

I was just wondering what some trails i could do in a stock 97 Cherokee that arent too far from here are. I went up to hackets with my friend in a stock wrangler, and his manager (2k TJ 35's 6inch, ARB's, winch, teralow 4:1, you get the idea ;-)) and his roommate(?? year suzuki 33's lockers etc.)
a couple weeks ago in the snow, the decked out gusy had no trouble, but the stock wrangler made it, hacket's rock was the main problem, after that it wasnt too bad, river crossings were a bit hairy, 3rd one the front end fell in over the tires but we made it out ok, hehe.

Sorry to go on about random BS. But if anyone knows of any trails that arent especially far from the springs that are not quite so hairy as hacket's that i could do in my jeep it would be much appreicated.

Oh yea, if anyone knows a sight that is more tailored to XJ's that i could look around on that would kick ass too, thanks.