PDA

View Full Version : Turbo City intake system

BLACK MAGIC
03-11-2003, 05:01 PM
Does anyone have any comments about the intake system turbo city makes? I am thinking about buying one this weekend and I was wondering how they perform.

EDIT: Moved to the Tech Forum.

[This message has been edited by griz98tj (edited 03-11-2003).]

griz98tj
03-11-2003, 07:01 PM
I had a Turbo City intake on my '98 TJ, I liked it. Can't say for sure if I saw any real power improvement from it, but I was running 33" tires and stock 3.54 gearing. It run up the mountain passes real well.

I'll be putting it on my Rubicon soon.

------------------
Colorado Off Road (http://www.coloradooffroad.org)
My Web Page (http://geocities.com/griz98tj)
Rubicon_Griz on Yahoo!, medlock_j@MSN.com Instant Messengers
(Rubicon Griz) 70591112 on ICQ

satan
03-12-2003, 10:15 AM
Yep - on the TJs they are a good tube (you kinda didn't mention what it'd be going on) -- the tube from Accurate Machine was dyno'd to show increased HP over both the oem tubing and running an open TB... So I generally offer folks that thought...

Of course the Dyno data was HP and not torque, so...

mooncricket
03-12-2003, 10:59 AM
it's a good intake for the Cherokee. Nothing is better than the k&n system but for the price you will be happy...Turbo City also makes a dual inlet air intake for your cherokee that looks pretty sweet! check it out at their website. I know that wilderness offroad sells both of them

mooncricket
03-12-2003, 12:35 PM
grizz, how bad did the 33 inch tires bog down your TJ? I've got a 97 and I'm trying to decide whether to throw on 32's or 33's...I've got the three speed auto and I don't want to re-gear. I know in the 5 speed it's almost a must but Im not sure about the auto...anyone with previous experience let me know. I'm figuring a 32 inch tire wouldn't be that bad but I'd like to run a 33 if poss without re-gearing.

griz98tj
03-12-2003, 04:38 PM
I think with the auto and 32" or 33" tires you'll have to regear. I had a 5 speed in my '98 and 3.73:1 gearing. I think you would be well suited with 4.11:1 gears with an auto, but most people will tell you to go to 4.56:1.

Try it out with the stock gears, keeping the need for lower gearing in the back of your mind.