PDA

View Full Version : anyone around here anymore?

skbarber
01-16-2007, 08:57 PM
I was just wondering if anyone used this board anymore?:cool:

Dirty Dog
01-19-2007, 12:03 AM
We still get a lot of visitors, and a few photo submissions. The discussion forums have always been fairly slow, and more so lately. I guess nobody is out wheeling in the winter cold.
Personally, I hvae been busy rebuilding from last summer.

My Dodge is getting an upgrade from the stock NP231 to a stronger NP249 transfercase. It's built and sitting in the garage waiting for the weather to be a bit warmer. My Dodge won't fit in the garage, so we have to do the swap in the driveway. Brrrrrr

The Wrangler has gotten an induction upgrade. The old rochester carb has been replaced with a 700CFM Holley Projection EFI system. It's getting fine tuned right now.

Once the tuning is done, there are two more winter upgrades planned.

The MileMarker 9000lb winch is being replaced with a MileMarker 12,000lb. I figure with 12,000 on each of my rigs and a couple of snatch blocks, I'll have enough pull that if I can't get unstuck, I can rip it into small enough pieces to carry out by hand.

The other upgrade is onboard air. I've got a compressor on the Dodge for the ARB, but it takes about 20 min to inflate one tire, by which time you have to stop and let the thing cool off. So I found a place online and got a 100% duty cycle, 4.8CFM@90PSI electric compressor with a 3 gallon reserve tank. In testing, it inflates the 37x15x15 IROKs on the Wrangler from flat to full in about 1 min. It won't run air tools for longer than the tank volume, but I don't generally carry impact wrenches on the trail anyway, so that's not a big concern.

In the future, I plan to add an onboard welder and a fuel cell. The 15 gallon tank that Jeep put in when this thing had a 2.5L 4 banger just doesn't cut it with the 383 Chevy that's in there now.

So what is everybody else doing over the winter?

01DODGE
01-22-2007, 03:44 PM
Shoveling snow;) Have not had much time to work on the cherokee. A lot of work related stuff and martial arts has taken most of my time. Plus, a honey-do list that you would not beleive...