PDA

View Full Version : Smaurai crawler for sale

damo252
03-23-2006, 09:50 AM
I have an 1987 samurai that I would like to sell to buy a cherokee. I have a new member of the family on the way, and need at least three seats. The samurai is built, and will go anywhere.
The engine is the origional 1.3 liter with about 140K on it, but runs great. I have never had any issue with the engine. I have added a cold air intake, and power steering to the beast.

The samurai sits on 36" inch iroks.
the suspension is SOA 2" OME YJ leaves with one leaf removed upfront with revolver shackles. Flex is amazing with this set up. The rear is a custom 4 link with 16" 100lb afco springs. I have tried to flex the rear end to lift tires and have found it extremely difficult to do.
The wheelbase has been extended to 103".
the body has been comp cut in the back, and the fenders trimmed in the front.
the gas tank is a 16 gallon fuel cell and battery have both been relocated to the back of the samurai to even out the weight in the vehicle.
The body has also been fully "rhino lined" by me.
Axles are toyota 8" front and rear. the rear is running 5.29 gears with a spool.
the front is also 5.29 gears with a detroit true track. It is supposed to be a limited slip, but it doesn't have a lot of slip when traction is needed.
The t-case gears have also been changed to the 4.16:1 gears, and the t-case arms are the heavy duty spider trax versions.

The things it needs are the cage finished. I have bent a full exo cage, but have not installed it yet. the seals on the front axle need to be replaced, and the power steering leaks. Other than that the thing is solid. I would like to keep the tires, but would be willing to give them up if the price is right.

asking 6500.00 but will entertain offers or trade for that cherokee or grand cherokee that I am looking for.
Email Damon at rockgecko4wheelin@hotmail.com or call me at 303-598-6105

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2127998036

74BRONCO
03-28-2006, 03:27 PM
That's some departure angle you got there!! Very interesting rig. I hope you find a good buyer!

J.D.

damo252
03-28-2006, 07:41 PM
I think it would look perfect right next to a classic bronco:) ;)

74BRONCO
04-03-2006, 08:48 AM
I can't even keep up with the repairs on my bronco, superdufy, explorer, & subaru. I don't need another! Thanks tho!

Have you listed this on craigslist.org? Might be more exposure.

J.D.

damo252
04-03-2006, 10:39 AM
What is craigslist.org?

74BRONCO
04-03-2006, 11:49 AM
A free listing site. There is one for a lot of major cities, just make sure you list your stuff on the denver site. It's real easy and worth your time.

J.D.