View Full Version : Wheeler Lake Waterfall

Stretch
09-10-2001, 04:12 PM
Got this update via email today:

"Oh, as a side note someone blasted the rock on the right side of the
last obstacle of wheeler lake making it a simple drive up. No challenge
at all, any rig could make it all the way to the top now since
everything else has a bypass. Bummer."

I think someone may have mentioned this earlier, but damn, that really sucks!

-Stretch

RedBull99XJ
09-10-2001, 09:38 PM
We ran this trail for the first time a few weeks ago, and didn't even know it was the waterfall. We all just drove over it and kept going to the top. I was really looking forward to the challenge too! Real bummer...

Aaron

INT77
09-10-2001, 10:50 PM
how and why did that happen???
was it ok'd by the forest service?

cordtj
09-13-2001, 05:58 AM
blasted it as in kaboom? We ran it a while back (ran into stretch at the top i believe) we had mentioned the big rock on the righ was moved right into the middle of the waterfall approach creating a bypass to the right. I can't imagine what they "blasted" if thats indeed what they did.

------------------
2000 TJ Sport, 4.0L, TF 999, Dana30 front(lock right), Dana44 rear (trac-lok), 3.73's, JKS Gen2 Disconnects, TK Sliders, Tera HD Adjustable Front Trac-Bar, Conferr "Hefty Hookers" LOL, 48" Hi-Lift, 1 3/4 Daystar lift, 1" M.O.R.E. Body Lift, 32x10.5x15 TSL Radials on Canyon Wheels, K&N, soft top, full metal doors, and the big ol' "pavementsucks.com" across the windshield. My Jeep wants to grow up and be just like Vernon's ;-)
Member of the Bighorn 4x4 Club of Colorado Springs

RedBull99XJ
09-24-2001, 11:36 AM
Well, we ran Wheeler last Wednesday and I took a picture of the "new" waterfall for all to see. Here ya go...
http://www.colorado4x4.org/uploads/Wheeler_waterfall.JPG

------------------
Aaron
99XJ, 4.5" lift, 31" Baja Claws, Auburn Limited Slip rear, Ged's XJ Armor Rocker Guards, custom front bumper w/Hi-Lift, "custom" front fender trimming w/Sawzall....