PDA

View Full Version : Four Wheeler Real Truck Challenge

Dirty Dog
02-03-2004, 10:26 PM
Background for people who don't read Four Wheeler: The Top Truck Challenge has become way out of reach for the average wheeler; trailer queen tube frame rock buggies are the norm. So next year they are going to add a new event. The Real Truck Club Challenge. It will be 20 teams of 4 (driver, spotter, 2 crew) representing their clubs. Entrants must have factory frames and body panels, nothing bigger than 40" tires and be 100% street legal. Entries are being taken till mid-May, and in August the selected teams will go to Badlands ORV park near Attica IN for a weekend of fun.

I sent in my entry today. The odds of being selected are long, but if I get picked you'll see some 4x4trails.net stickers in Four Wheeler magazine.

I think my rig is capable. It's a '98 Dodge Ram with a 400HP 408 stroker, 7" of lift with 37" swampers, 4.56:1 gears, rear Detroit, front ARB, custom front and rear bumpers, custom rock slider/rocker panel guards, a 12,000lb Milemarker winch, etc etc etc. And a total disregard for body damage. :D

Anyone interested should grab a copy of Four Wheeler, get the entry form, and send it in.

01DODGE
02-04-2004, 09:41 AM
Sweet! Might have a chance if u get in...... TTC is a rough go, though. Disregard of body damage is a good thing:cool:

Good Luck!

Dirty Dog
02-10-2004, 04:39 PM
I know I'd have zero chance of even being selected for TTC. Those guys are pretty much all driving high dollar tube frame rock buggies. Most are, in any case. I sent in an entry for the Real Truck Club Challenge; more my speed. :)
If I get selected, I'll accept donations of spare parts. ;)