PDA

View Full Version : 3 in skyjacker lift for XJ

MackieXJ
12-09-2003, 04:32 PM
I am going to put a 3in lift on my Cherokee and i want full springs in the front and rear w/out blocks or spacers. As of right now Skyjacker is the only company that makes lift systems/kits with full rear springs, they are really good lifts but are also expensive. I was wondering if anybody knew of another lift company that makes a kit that includes full front and rear springs, new lower control arms/links, transfer case drop, front sway bar extensions, and a new trac bar along with all the necessary hardware and shocks. I am also wondering if it would be cheaper to purchase the different components seperately from different companies and put together my own kit. Also let me know of any major parts i am missing on this list.
Thanks

Stretch
12-09-2003, 05:44 PM
Not sure what you mean by full springs front and rear. XJs have front coils and rear leaves.

Rusty's Offroad sells a 3" Spring Pack Kit for $418

RustysOffroad.com (http://rustysoffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=rustys&Product_Code=300SP)

Rubicon Express sells a 3" kit for $580 with rull rear leaves

Rough Country sells a 3" Kit for $499 with rear 'lifted' leaves?

-Stretch

Bill
12-09-2003, 06:18 PM
I am pretty sure that Rubicon Express makes a kit with a new leaf pack for the rear. I think their control arms in the front are about the best around. I'd reccomend springing the extra cash for the adjustables. They also have a very good adjustable track bar. I don't think you'll need a transfere case drop for on;y a 3" lift (although I have heard some 97+ XJ sometimes get vibes at only 3"). I haven't had any problems with vibes from my 3" lift on my '93.

MackieXJ
12-09-2003, 08:43 PM
By full springs i mean no add-a-leafs, blocks, shackles or spacers. Thanks for the help, I'll check it out. The reason that i can't use add-a-leafs is that my leafs are worn out in the back and are currently sagging by about a inch and a half. I would like to have full springs because they are easier on the suspension and steering geometry than blocks or shackles and the offer a better ride, handling and more flex.

Dirty Dog
12-10-2003, 07:47 AM
I don't believ that your statement is totally correct for a leaf spring vehicle. Certainly coils flex better when the lift is all spring, but the same is not true of leaves. A coil lift is simply a taller spring. A leaf lift requires the same size (eye-to-eye) spring but with a different arch. The more arch, the less droop. The best flex (up AND down) is from a flat spring pack. If you want the best flex use a rear block or a shackle lift and keep your flat springs. If your springs are worn out, you can either replace them, order taller blocks, or taller shackles.